Thursday 28 April 2011

Upchurch, Kent, The Brown Jug pub, c1920

Upchurch, Kent, The Brown Jug pub, circa 1920. It is good to see that the Brown Jug is still in business. I'm guessing the date of this postcard to around 1920. It is very interesting to see how this building has changed, it has lost the door at the side and the moulding that separates the two storeys. However it is essentially unchanged and has no obvious modern extensions or alterations. I assume one of the ladies in the postcard is the landlady, E. Packer (see detail below). Postcard publisher unknown. Click to enlarge.



2 comments:

  1. Could I obtain a copy of the Brown Jug postcard? As you can see from the attached web site I have been collecting Upchurch photographs for some time as a resident.
    http://www.upchurch-village.co.uk
    info@upchurch-village.co.uk

    Sorry to be pain but I would like to add the image if possible. I am willing to pay for a good file size image, just for use on the web site.

    Thank you
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...