Tuesday 21 June 2011

Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire, c1912

Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire, circa 1912. Wooburn Green is a village to the south east of High Wycombe.  On the right of the picture you can see the premises of William Mellett, baker and confectioner. He also advertises that he provides luncheons, teas and dinners. Postcard published by W. H. Applebee. There will be another Wooburn Green postcard in my next blog posting (Thursday 23rd June 2011). Click the picture to enlarge. [Edit - August 2011 - the original Google Street View has gone so I've had to replace it with this nearby shot].



View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. What a great Google view - to actually show the repainting of the building. No little girls standing in the middle of the street anymore, but still very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah now I much prefer the sepia one. There’s something about that Fry’s Chocolate sign that always gets me! It’s difficult to tell with the sepia one, but it doesn’t look as if they’ve gone overboard with the black and white, and it’s more natural somehow. I think I read somewhere that this is a recent trend and that the Tudors (?) would not have them black and white - any ideas on this Howard, as you see more PCs than me?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...