Saturday, 9 July 2011
London, Chiswick Park and Acton Green Station, c1908
London, Chiswick Park and Acton Green Station, circa 1908. The station was run by the Metropolitan District Railway (now the District Line). In 1910 the station was renamed to the simpler Chiswick Park. In 1931 the station was rebuilt to a modern design by Charles Holden. Although the modern Google Street View does not flatter the building, its clean lines are more pleasing than the Victorian original. Postcard published by Young & Co of Teddington. For more old photographs please visit Sepia Saturday. As always, click the picture to enlarge.